I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought it would make side dish for our sandwiches.
1/2 lb green beans, stemmed and cut into ~1 inch pieces
1 large tomato, quartered and sliced
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp Freshly ground pepper, to taste
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons blood orange vinegar (or red wine works just fine)
- In a medium saucepan bring 4C water to a rolling boil.
- Boil green beans for 2-3 minutes (or longer if you like softer green beans).
- Transfer green beans to a bowl of ice water to cool them quickly.
- Drain green beans and pat them dry.
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and mustard.
- In a large bowl, toss tomato, onion, cucumber, and green beans with the vinaigrette until well coated.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.