Thursday, July 18, 2013

Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies

I found this recipe on the back of the label of my new NordicWare Big Sheet baking sheet.
The recipe calls for walnuts, but I love me some chocolate hazelnut anything so I opted for hazelnuts instead.
Chewy, delicious, and not overwhelmingly sweet - these cookies were a hit!
yield: 4 dozen cookies

ingredients
1C butter, room temperature
1.5C sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
2C all-purpose flour
2/3C cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
2C semisweet chocolate chips
1/2C chopped hazelnuts

directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl (I used my KitchenAid Mixer), beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla on medium speed for 4 minutes until fluffy.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
  4. Add flour mixture into butter mixture slowly, until well blended.
  5. Fold in chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
  6. Drop rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
  7. Press down on each ball of dough with 2 fingers to flatten slightly.
  8. Bake 8-10 minutes until just set.
  9. Cool slightly on cookie sheets before transferring to cooling rack.
  10. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment