The recipe calls for walnuts, but I love me some chocolate hazelnut anything so I opted for hazelnuts instead.
Chewy, delicious, and not overwhelmingly sweet - these cookies were a hit!
1C butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
2 tsp vanilla extract
2C all-purpose flour
2/3C cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
2C semisweet chocolate chips
1/2C chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl (I used my KitchenAid Mixer), beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla on medium speed for 4 minutes until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture into butter mixture slowly, until well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Drop rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press down on each ball of dough with 2 fingers to flatten slightly.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until just set.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheets before transferring to cooling rack.