These are always the first cookies I grab out of the assorted box of Italian bakery cookies.
I made these last night. Turned out pretty good, I think I could have spread them thinner to make them a little more true to form.
2/3 C butter, melted
2 C quick oats
1 C sugar
2/3 C flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C light corn syrup
1/4 C milk
1 tsp vanilla
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine butter, oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon, milk, corn syrup and vanilla. Mix well.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Use teaspoon to drop cookies onto foil, spread into thin circle.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- Move foil to cooling rack and continue for additional batches.
- Melt chocolate.
- Using a spreader (I definitely used a cheese spreader), spread chocolate onto smooth side of one cookie. Sandwich another cookie (smooth side) onto the chocolate.
- Chill for at least 10 minutes, for chocolate to harden.