Use either 2 9" round pans or 1 9x13 pan.
12 tbs butter, softened
1.5 C sugar
2 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 egg whites
3/4 C milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix egg whites, milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine milk mixture with butter mixture and flour mixture.
- Beat until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased pan(s).
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely.
To make a tiedye cake, just separate the batter in varying amounts into different bowls and dye each bowl a different color. Pour each bowl in the pan, right on top of each other in the center of the pan.