1 C warm milk
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 C butter, melted
4.5 C bread flour (though, when I don't have it I use all-purpose flour with hardly any difference)
1 tsp salt
1/2 C sugar
for cinnamony middle
1 C brown sugar
2.5 tbsp cinnamon
1/3 C butter, softened
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 C butter, softened
1.5 C confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix sugar, butter, salt, and eggs in large bowl.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle.
- Spread dough with 1/3C butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls.
- Place rolls into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4C butter, confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- When rolls are done baking, remove from oven and flip pan onto serving tray (this allows for the cinnamony goodness to run over the rolls instead of getting stuck in the bottom of the pan).
- Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.