To make Velvet Whoopie Pies, add 1 cup of flour to recipe.
2.5 C all purpose flour
2 C sugar
1 tbs cocoa
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbs vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 oz food coloring of color of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl. Add in oil, buttermilk, vinegar, food coloring and vanilla until well mixed.
- Put all dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix on med-high for 2 minutes until well combined.
- Pour batter into well greased pans.
- Cook 15-20 minutes depending on type of pan.