3 tbs canola oil
1/2 C popcorn kernels
2 C peanuts
1.5 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3 C sugar
3 tbs butter
1.5 tbs sea salt
1/2 C water
- heat oil over medium heat in large saucepan
- add kernels to pan and cover. move saucepan around for ~5 minutes until all kernels have popped.
- Add popcorn and peanuts to greased mixing bowl.
- Mix together baking soda and cayenne pepper in small bowl.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- Mix sugar, butter, salt and water to saucepan over high heat. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from stove and mix in baking soda / cayenne mixture.
- Pour immediately over popcorn in mixing bowl.
- Use spatulas to quickly toss caramel and popcorn together until popcorn is completely coated.
- Spread popcorn onto baking sheet and separate into small pieces. Cool for 15 minutes.