We grilled some, but coming up on week 4 we still had 4 hanging out in the fridge.
I found this recipe on Pinterest, and knowing how we love sweets decided to give it a go.
It was very rich, decadent, and delicious-- perfect for dessert or for breakfast -- and had barely a hint of being full of squash!
2.5C patty pan squash, shredded (this was 3 patty pan squash for me, 2 on the smaller side and one bigger one)
1C vegetable oil
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2C brown sugar
1/2C cocoa powder
1/4C plain Greek yogurt
2 tbs baking powder
1C chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Mix oil, eggs, and sugars in a large mixing bowl (I used my KitchenAid Stand Mixer) until well combined.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, yogurt, and baking powder until well combined.
- Fold in squash and chocolate chips, mixing until well combined.
- Bake for 70-80 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.