This is a simple meal that is a great blend of flavors and textures.
yield: 1 hearty meal or 2 sides
greens from 2 beets
greens from 1 kohlrabi
1 large spring onion
1 tbs butter
1/2 tsp seat salt
2 tbs red wine (I used pinot noir)
fresh ground pepper
- Wash and chop the beet and kohlrabi stems.
- Slice the leaves into ribbons and set aside.
- Slice the spring onion.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add butter to skillet.
- When butter is melted, add stems and onion.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add leaves, wine, salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and cook an egg (whatever way you like) in the skillet.
- Slide the egg on top of the greens.