I served this as a side dish, along with balsamic asparagus salad, with flank steak.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 cups sliced white mushrooms
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1/2C vegetable stock
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbs tomato paste
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Add vegetable stock, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste.
- Mix well to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.