I found this recipe on Pinterest and served it with hotdogs and baked beans.
1 turnip, peeled & quartered
3 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs peanut oil
2 tbs honey
1 tsp sesame oil
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Separate stems from kohlrabi bulb, trim, and discard tough bottoms of stems.
- Half leaves lengthwise then thinly shred crosswise.
- Trim root end from bulb and peel away tough outer layer; halve lengthwise.
- Using a grater (I used the grater/slicer attachment on my KitchenAid), shred turnip and kohlrabi bulb.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, peanut oil, honey, and sesame oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add scallions, kohlrabi leaves and bulb, and turnip to bowl; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 15 minutes before serving.