Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Microwave "Muffin"

I stumbled onto a post of a "microwave muffin" on Tumblr a few years back and it has since been my go-to need a quick breakfast staple.
With the influx of eggs thanks to our CSA, this is a quick, easy, and delicious way to use them.
You can also make a bigger, and more filling, muffin by doubling the recipe. Just make sure to cook for longer so that you don't eat smushy raw egg.

yield: 1 microwave muffin

ingredients
1/4C oats (I use old-fashioned, but have used quick cook and steel cut as well)
1/4C berries (frozen or fresh)
1 egg, whisked
1 tbs milk (coconut, almond, dairy - your call)

directions
  1.  Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe dish. (I have also put all the ingredients in a gladware container and toted it to work with me before cooking.)
  2. Microwave for 1 minute.
  3. Eat right out of container, or flip it over and out onto a plate.
  4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment