Saturday, June 22, 2013

Garlic Scape & Almond Pesto

Last week, we got a bundle of garlic scapes in our CSA pick up.
I had no idea what they were, but I am glad that I learned of them because THEY ARE DELICIOUS!
I found this recipe on Pinterest and knew it was right up my alley - easy, simple, and garlicky.
yield: 1C garlic scape pesto

ingredients
1/2C chopped garlic scapes (this was 3 giant scapes for me)
1/2C grated Parmesan cheese
1/3C sliced almonds
1/2C extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt

directions
  1. Place all ingredients in the bowl of your food processor (I used my Vitamix).
  2. Blend all ingredients, stopping to wipe the sides of the bowl as needed, until it reaches your desired consistency (I don't like mine too chunky but I don't like it very liquidy either).
  3. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment