Monday, June 24, 2013

Dr. Pepper Boneless Wings

I love me some boneless wings, so when I found this recipe on Pinterest I knew I had to give it a go.
I served the wings with some cucumber salad and it was a nice mix of sticky and sweet with light and refreshing.
yield: 16-20 boneless wings

ingredients
1 pkg of chicken breast tenders (I got a 1.3lb package)
3/4C flour
3/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 can Dr. Pepper
1/2C brown sugar
1/4C ketchup
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbs butter
oil for frying (fill pan about 1-2" deep)

directions
  1. Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
  2. Cut chicken tenders in half (or in thirds if you want smaller pieces, or not at all if you want larger pieces).
  3. Toss the chicken in the flour mixture, coating completely.  
  4. Put the coated chicken in the fridge for at least 1 hour. 
  5. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the can of Dr. Pepper to a boil, reduce heat and simmer briskly for 10 minutes.
  6. Add the brown sugar, ketchup, Tabasco and butter and simmer until a nice thick sauce - about 10-12 minutes. Set aside in a large bowl.
  7. Heat oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees. (I heated the oil on the stove top in my LeCreuset French Oven).
  8. Remove the chicken from the fridge and fry in the oil until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
  9. Place chicken on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
  10. Toss chicken in bowl of sauce until all pieces are coated.
  11. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment