I served the wings with some cucumber salad and it was a nice mix of sticky and sweet with light and refreshing.
1 pkg of chicken breast tenders (I got a 1.3lb package)
3/4 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 can Dr. Pepper
1/2C brown sugar
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbs butter
oil for frying (fill pan about 1-2" deep)
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cut chicken tenders in half (or in thirds if you want smaller pieces, or not at all if you want larger pieces).
- Toss the chicken in the flour mixture, coating completely.
- Put the coated chicken in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the can of Dr. Pepper to a boil, reduce heat and simmer briskly for 10 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, ketchup, Tabasco and butter and simmer until a nice thick sauce - about 10-12 minutes. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a deep pan to 350 degrees. (I heated the oil on the stove top in my LeCreuset French Oven).
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and fry in the oil until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Toss chicken in bowl of sauce until all pieces are coated.